"We cannot all do great things, but we can all do small things with great love, and together we can do something wonderful." - Mother Teresa
Dr. Dirk and Paige Hamp founded embrace Uganda in 2007 after their adoption of a seven-year-old orphan girl from the western village of Kaihura, Uganda. Visiting the country and witnessing the need for medical care, clean water supplies and funding needs for orphaned school children, Embrace Uganda was created to encourage and empower a generation of orphans one village at a time!
- To create long term partnerships with selected Ugandan communities that go deeper rather than wider.
- The ultimate goal is to create self-sufficiency for the communities but this will take generations to accomplish as the needs are so overwhelming.
- Empower orphans and vulnerable children in targeted communities by providing educational opportunities, thereby increasing their ability to support themselves and meaningfully contribute back to their communities.
- Provide quality health care for orphans and vulnerable children.
- Facilitate meaningful and enduring relationships with Ugandan orphans and vulnerable children in targeted communities.
- Partner with or otherwise assist Ugandan community development organizations to accomplish mutual goals.
- Provide material and human capital for the creation of sustainable economic development in targeted communities.
This gift will help us drill and maintain deep water wells. Many illnesses are water born and deep water wells provide clean water to communities. We partner with local communities to provide clean drinking water. Read More...
This gift will help us enable students to receive an education, by providing for high school and college equivalent education costs including school tuition, uniform, room and board. Read More...
This gift will enable to provide funding to the Hope Again Medical Center for its operating expenses, as well as support medical outreach clinics that go into our partner communities. We fund needed medications to fight HIV, malaria and many other diseases. Read More...
Each year we review proposals from our partners in Uganda, Bringing Hope to the Family (BHF) and African Church Empowerment Ministries (ACEM). We work with our Ugandan friends to develop projects that empower Ugandans, avoiding unhealthy dependency and encourage them to invest their time and resources, however modest, in partnering with us. Read More...